Warehouse Assistant is responsible for assisting the Peoria Area Food Bank staff with the day to day operations of the warehouse. This position will be required to pick-up and deliver food products, lift, walk, and carry weight up to 70 pounds on a regular basis, as well as operate warehouse equipment and commercial driving.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
High School or equivalent. At least two years warehouse, truck driving and forklift work experience preferred.
- Must be able to drive trucks and operate fork lift;
- Must be able to load and unload delivery trucks lifting up to 70 pounds;
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to food pantry customers;
- Must pass drug screen and criminal records check;
- Must be able to receive, and check all incoming products used in warehouse;
- Must efficiently fill food pantry orders;
- Must perform occasional janitorial duties;
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the job description;
- Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License Class “C”, reliable transportation and insurance as required by the State of Illinois.