Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the Accounting Department data system, data entry into MIP system, and providing clerical assitance as needed under the guidance of the Director of Accounting.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration with at least 12 hours of Accounting;
- Three or more years accounting experience;
- Must pass drug screen and criminal records check;
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Budget preparation and maintenance experience;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job description;
- Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License, reliable transportation and insurance coverage as required by the State of Illinois.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly general ledger and summary budget report for the Program Managers review. Review for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts.
- Assist Director of Accounting in preparation of revenue versus expense analysis for assigned programs.
- Prepare reports required by funding sources for assigned programs.
- Review monthly in-kind reports for accuracy and compliance and record appropriate entries.
- Process weekly DCEO cash requests.
- Process weekly transfer checks for accounts payable processing, credit card transfers, and indirect cost reimbursements.
- Responsible for grant folder maintenance including grant awards, budgets, correspondence, reporting, and closeout packages.
- Responsible for checking all unposted batches prior to posting in MIP including but not limited to accounts payable, cash receipts, and journal vouchers.
- Responsible for physical inventory and electronic tracking/reporting in MIP.
- Assist the Director of Accounting in preparation and completion of the annual audit and program monitoring visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Accounting.