$14 – $19 an hour
Early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
JOB PURPOSE: The Early Childhood Teacher under the supervision of the Education Coordinator for the Head Start ensures the growth and development of the children enrolled in the center.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
A BA/BS or advanced degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or;
A degree in a field related to Early Childhood Education with a minimum of 6 hours in Child Development or Early Childhood Education experience in teaching preschool children and the State of Illinois-04 certificate or;
A state-awarded certificate for preschool teachers that meets or exceeds the requirements for a child development associate credential;
Completion of the CDA credentialing program of the Council for Professional Recognition with a current CDA credential with preschool center base endorsement and;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experience in early childhood education or a related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Early Childhood Teacher will be responsible for implementing well organized learning environments.
2. The Early Childhood Teacher will provide developmentally appropriate practices to the children in the classroom on field trips, and playground that is culturally and individually appropriate.
3. Responsible for the monthly reporting, collecting and submission of in-kind and non-federal share contributions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
reduced class sizes
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location