The Early Childhood Teacher under the supervision of the Education Coordinator for the Head Start ensures the growth and development of the children enrolled in the center.
- An AA/BA or BS advanced degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or;
- A degree in a field related to Early Childhood Education with a minimum of 6 hours in Child Development or
- Early Childhood Education experience in teaching preschool children and the State of Illinois-04 certificate or ;
- A state-awarded certificate for preschool teachers that meets or exceeds the requirements for a child development associate credential;
- Completion of the CDA credentialing program of the Council for Professional Recognition with a current CDA credential with preschool center base endorsement and;
- Experience in early childhood education or a related field.