JOB PURPOSE: Supervises, directs and coordinates PCCEO activities and programs utilizing and serving the CSBG eligible population of Peoria County.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: BA/BS degree or equivalent; at least three years management supervisory experience; experience in the delivery of human services;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent computer spreadsheet and word processing skills, demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The CSBG Program Manager will be responsible for the management of the following CSBG funded program/projects: CSBG Emergency and Support Services, Education and Employment Development, Homeownership Training, Expungement Assistance, Community Action Scholarship, ROMA Implementation and Training, CSBG Organizational Standards;
- The CSBG Program Manager will be responsible for the timely submission of the Community Services Block Grant funding application and/or modifications to Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity;
- Responsible for timely development, preparation and submission of the Community Action Plan;
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding the ROMA requirements required by DCEO related to the provision of Community Service Block Grant activities initiated at PCCEO; including meeting the requirements to become a certified ROMA trainer;
- Responsible for the development of employment opportunity options CSBG eligible residents of Peoria County;
- Implement effective outreach activities to ensure greater participation in CSBG programs by CSBG eligible persons;
- Initiate programs to meet the needs of the CSBG eligible population as the need arises;
- Accurately prepare and submit all required internal and external reports by the due dates;
- Perform those functions assigned by the President/CEO or his designee to carry out the mission of PCCEO, Inc;
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the job description;
- Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance as required by the State of Illinois.