$15 – $19 an hour
Driver’s License (Required)
Full Job Description
JOB PURPOSE: The Family Development Specialist of PCCEO Head Start will support the Family Development Coordinator with recruitment, coordination and follow up of services for Head Start families including but not limited to: parent engagement activities, personal development, specific health related services and self-sufficiency programming through the provision of services for Head Start parents and their children as required by performance standards and related contents for the Head Start Program.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: BA in social services or related field.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Training and experience in field(s) related to social, human, or family services, case management experience, computer literate. Training, experience, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for recruiting and processing the intake of a specified number of eligible children regardless of race, sex, creed, color, national origin or handicapping condition as established by the Family Development/ERSEA Coordinator;
- Must be able to identify families and children in need of social services, make referral, follow up on referrals and document each phase of the referral process.
- Develop and identify resources for Head Start families in need of crisis intervention and social services;
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of the monthly newsletter under the direction of the Family Development/ERSEA Coordinator;
- Maintain an accurate data filing and retrieval system for the assigned caseloads
- Recruit parents of children enrolled in Head Start for volunteer opportunities at Head Start centers.
- Case management: Assist families and implement individualized Family Partnership Agreements that describe family goals, strengths, responsibilities, and other supports with timelines and strategies for achieving goals.
- Avoid duplication of preexisting family plans between other programs by coordinating with the family and other agencies.
- Absences: Conduct well-child checks daily for those families who have unexcused absences.
- Conduct at least two (2) home visits to Head Start families;
- Record information on assigned families, data entry through PROMIS and case management with adequate provisions for maintaining confidentiality;
- Responsible for the preparation of or assisting in the preparation of Project Planning Guide for parent activities, including the recruitment of parents to serve on the planning committee for center activities.
- Submit a monthly report to the Family Development Coordinator on the status of each family on caseload.
- Identify and prepare cases to be presented at case review staffing.
- Participates in transition activities established by the program.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the job description.
- Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance as required by the State of Illinois.’
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Team Lead
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of social work experience do you have?
- Are you fully COVID vaccinated?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location