The Weatherization Program is provided by the State of Illinois. The Weatherization Program helps low-income individuals and families save fuel and money, while increasing the comfort of their homes.
The following services may be available to eligible households that qualify:
- Sealing cracks with weather-stripping and caulk
- Provide insulation for attics and walls
- Repair windows and doors
- Check furnace to determine if it needs to be cleaned or serviced
- Provide furnace repair or retrofit to update current system
- Can provide furnace replacement
2020 Income Guidelines
Certified staff will assess the home by conducting pressure testing and diagnostics to determine building tightness limits. Using blower door equipment, which measures airflow, the leakiness of the home will be determined. This will determine what work can be done to save the most energy. Weatherized homes are inspected to make sure the work is correct and complete.