Give what matters this tax season
Check the box on Schedule G to make a donation to the Hunger Relief Fund when completing your Illinois Income Taxes.
This tax season, do something that matters by making a donation to the Illinois Hunger Relief Fund when you complete your Illinois Income Taxes. Your contribution will be used to purchase fresh produce grown and processed in Illinois to be distributed by the eight food banks serving Illinois – including Peoria Area Food Bank.
In Illinois, 1.4 million people face hunger every day – nearly half a million of them are children. Illinois’ network of food banks and thousands of feeding sites work tirelessly year-round to provide groceries to those in need. Your donation through Schedule G (Voluntary Charitable Donations Form) will help fight food insecurity so no one in Illinois will be hungry.
Not only will your donation help our neighbors in need but it will also be used to invest in Illinois agriculture. All contributions will be used to purchase fresh produce, fruits, and vegetables, from Illinois farmers and processors. By checking the box on Schedule G, you will be helping Illinoisans help Illinoisans.
- Is tax-deductible
- The food banks in the Feeding Illinois network are 501c3 charitable organizations, including Peoria Area Food Bank.
- Reinvests in Illinois agriculture
- Helps feed Illinois families
How else can you get involved?
- Encourage at least five of your friends and family members to make a tax donation to the Hunger Relief Fund.
- Ask your employer or tax professional if you can display information about the Hunger Relief Fund tax check-off.