Despite the presence of COVID-19, we are continuing to provide supportive services to our customers. However, as a precaution, our Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) staff have discontinued face-to-face service until further notice. If you are in need of assistance, you may submit a LIHEAP application by following the information below.
In response to COVID-19, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Office of Community Assistance has extended the LIHEAP program to run through June 30th, 2020 or until funds are exhausted.
Follow the steps below to complete your LIHEAP application.
A. Complete LIHEAP application by clicking on the link below:
**Application must be downloaded for edits to be made to LIHEAP application. Adobe Acrobat is needed to fill out an application via computer. Download free Adobe software HERE.
✔ Make sure your application is signed and dated.
B. Required Documents:
- Verification of Gross Income (before taxes) for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS for the 30 days prior to your application date. (wages, child support, Social Security Income, Proof of DHS assistance, unemployment, Township Assistance, Self-Employment income, etc.). If you have zero income, please fill out Zero Income Affidavit form here.
- Social Security Cards for all household members, including any children.
- Photo IDs for all household members 18 and older.
- Current gas and electric bills.
**YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTATION IS RECEIVED
C. You can return all documents (LIHEAP application and required documents) via the following options:
Illinois.gov secure link: https://filet.illinois.gov/filet/pimupload.asp
If using this option, follow the steps below:
- Click on the link https://filet.illinois.gov/filet/pimupload.asp
- Check the acknowledgment box at the top left of the screen.
- In the “Recipient email address” box enter OCA@illinois.gov and email@example.com.
- In the “Your Email address” box enter YOUR personal email address.
- Upload all your documents
- In the “File Transfer Email Subject” box enter YOUR First and Last Name.
- Once everything is complete, click Send it!
D. Fax: 309-671-3620, ATTN: LIHEAP
E. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Any cell phone screenshot/pictures of your documents are acceptable and can be emailed to the above email address.
**Please note – Some phones may not be compatible with the fillable PDF forms. In this case, you would want to use other options.
If you are unable to complete any of the processes above and would like a LIHEAP application mailed to you, email email@example.com. Include your Name, Complete Address, and Phone Number.
If you need assistance, please contact 309-671-3900.